To ensure to ensure you have up to date information please click here to view the Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC) of this product on the VMD product information database
No need for two syringes Equest Pramox is the longest lasting and most effective horse wormer
Palatable Gel the same as Equest wormer
Ideal to use in Spring and Autumn
Pramox gives Tapeworm 6 months protection
Redworm 13 weeks protection
Pramox Is licensed for the use in foals from 6 1/2 months of age
PRAMOX SHOULD NOT BE USED ON PREGNANT OR LACTATING MARES
Each Equest Pramox wormer syringe will treat 575kg
Do not use Pramox for sick or neglected horses.
Equest Pramox contains Moxidectin and Praziquentel. Equest Pramox is a combination of two drugs in one horse wormer treats roundworm, tapeworm, bots, and encysted redworm larvae stages in horses.
Use Equest Pramox wormer alternately with Equest every quarter for a years complete worming programme. Thats just four single doses a year, one for each season!
EQUEST PRAMOX contains moxidectin, the unique active ingredient of EQUEST, and praziquantel, the drug of choice for the control of tapeworm.
• EQUEST PRAMOX is the only combination wormer licensed to control small redworms, including the inhibited and developing encysted small redworm larval stages, as well as other roundworm species, bots and all three species of tapeworm.
• EQUEST PRAMOX has the longest dosing interval of any combination wormer: 13-weeks. The active ingredient moxidectin prevents the reappearance of roundworm eggs in the horse’s dung for at least 90 days, which is longer than any other active (Jacobs D et al, 1995), (Parr S et al) this gives EQUEST PRAMOX its 13-week dosing interval.
• EQUEST PRAMOX is easy to administer in a palatable gel formula. EQUEST PRAMOX melts in your horse’s mouth to reduce the risk of being spat out. Presented in easy to use dial-a-dose syringes with 25kg graduations; this allows accurate dosing according to your horse’s weight.
• EQUEST PRAMOX has no confirmed resistance in horses in the UK or Ireland. EQUEST PRAMOX is licensed to control the increasingly prevalent benzimidazole (fenbendazole and mebendazole) resistant strains of small redworm. Making it a suitable treatment for new horses arriving at a yard.
• EQUEST PRAMOX is safe to use in horses and ponies, including stallions and mares*, and is licensed for use in foals from 6 ½ months.
* Not licensed for use in pregnant and lactating mares.